North Chelmsford is home to our Path to Independent Living Transition Program
Our transition program encourages each resident to carefully develop a personalized plan that provides the life skills and tools necessary to achieve sustainable independent living. We provide a warm, safe and supportive home environment with the option to reside with us for up to 18 months.*
- Female ages 18-24
- Commitment to goal setting and accountability including:
- Attend school or training program on a full-time basis and/or work 32+ hours per week
- Participate in financial literacy and savings programs
- Attend bi-weekly meetings with staff
- Participation in house chores, activities, life skills classes & workshops
- Give back to the community by donating 3-5 hours to service each month
What our home offers:
- 8 private bedrooms, plus short-term shared space for 2
- Common areas include: living room, training and activity room, office and dedicated space for reflection and studies
- On-site laundry
- Wi-Fi access
- Transportation assistance
- Private backyard and off-street parking
- Individual keyless entry
- NO guest policy
- Nightly curfew with an extended hour on Friday and Saturday
- Monthly sleepout benefit+
*Length of stay is reviewed regularly and is based on individual needs and progress. Each resident must be engaged and working towards the goal of independent living.
+ Acceptance to the program is based on the factors of homelessness and the need for a program-based environment. We understand that there are times and opportunities that arise to spend with family and friends, which is supported.
Project Kompass is committed to creating a safe and secure home environment for ALL residents. Continuous awareness, training, and workshops related to safety issues have been implemented into our program and evaluated frequently.
Project Kompass is unable to support substance addiction or serious mental health needs. We are a lightweight overnight program and do not offer onsite clinical support. Project Kompass encourages our residents to work through and understand proper tactics to address after-hour issues. Emergency protocols have been established and reviewed regularly.